EMTEK® PRODUCT LINEEMTEK® offers a wide range of products for your door hardware needs:
- Interior Latchsets
- Key in Knob and Lever Locks
- Entry Handlesets
- Keyed Side Plate Locks
- Cabinet Knobs and Pulls
- Hinges and Accessories
- Door Pulls
- Bath Hardware
- Emtek locks have heavy duty mechanisms designed to provide trouble free service.
- Knobs and lever handles are supported by springs mounted behind the rosettes and sideplates. These springs return the handles back to the "rest" position and prevent lever sag.
- Latches are heavy duty diecast construction, with strong internal springs, solid brass nose bolts and sintered metal cams.
- A plastic bushing located in the joint between handle and rosette ensures a friction free wear surface. This prevents metal from bearing on metal and provides smooth long-lasting operation.
- Handles are positively connected to rosettes with a permanent clip
- Spindles are spring loaded "half spindles" pre-installed into the base of each handle. Half spindles are more forgiving of imperfect door preps. If the holes in a door are drilled out of alignment the spindles still have a good chance to operate the latch without binding.
- Each Emtek handle has a set screw which, when tightened, eliminates "handle wobble." Set screws do not hold the handles on but serve to remove any looseness after other installation steps are completed.
- Emtek levers have a fixed stop at the top of their stroke. An Emtek lever will only rotate down, not up and down like most products found in homecenters. Emtek's European style construction yields a solid, positive feel for every lock.
- The threaded tubes inside an Emtek lock are machined brass, not steel. The use of brass ensures good threads and prevents corrosion for easy installation and long life.